Sauvignon Blanc 2018 (Burnt Out)

Tasting Notes:                      This wine displays intense aromas of passionfruit, guava and freshly sliced pineapple.  The palate is distinctly varietal with lemon sherbet, melons and nashi pear, balanced with crisp cleansing acidity and a long dry tropical finish.

Food Matches:                     This wine is best served chilled as an aperitif or alternatively would perfectly accompany a variety of chicken, pork and seafood dishes.

Winemaking Notes:           Woodside, located in the eastern region of the Adelaide Hills produces ideal climatic conditions for growing premium Sauvignon Blanc.  The cool nights and extended ripening season allow for the development of intense varietal characters and aromatics while maintaining a high level of natural acidity.   This vintage 70 % was fermented using inoculated yeast in a stainless-steel tank between 12-16 degrees for around 21 days.  The other 30% of the 2018 blend was fermented in seasoned Oak using natural yeast for a period of two weeks.  After the two parcels finished fermentation they were accessed and blended to make a superior wine with extra complexity and subtle oak flavours.

Harvest Date:        29th of February 2018     Bottling Date:                21st of September 2018           

Closure:                   Stelvin                                Drinking Window:      2018 -2025

Awards & Accolades:   

  • Silver Medal at the Adelaide Hills Wine Show 2018.
  • 93 points Wine showcase Magazine August/September 2019
  • 91 points James Halliday Wine Companion 2020

Burnt & Sold Out

New Era Vineyards Checkout

Your cart is empty

Comments are closed.